Advanced HACCP: Verification, Implementation and Other Challenges
Delve deeper into verification and validation, as well as issues concerning implementation of HACCP plans, audits and the latest developments in HACCP and food safety.
HACCP systems have been used by the food industry for years. Despite this impressive track record, food professionals continue to experience difficulties applying some of the principles of HACCP to their operations. Many of these complex issues are discussed only briefly in other HACCP courses, if at all.
This workshop focuses on a variety of challenges commonly encountered in the development, implementation and management of HACCP plans and systems. Some of the topics will include:
- Verification and validation, one of the most complicated HACCP principles
- The importance of implementing and managing HACCP plans properly
- Challenges with audits (internal, third party and regulatory) as verification tools
- The value of training employees
- A review of pertinent U.S. regulations and regulatory initiatives including the Food Safety Modernization Act and a discussion of international regulations and guidelines
- Group exercises and presentations to help participants apply the information in a practical manner
This course is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
Who should attend
Managers, supervisors and regulatory agency officials, particularly those with responsibility for establishing or auditing HACCP programs. Note: Participants in this course should have some prior training and experience working with HACCP.
This course is not currently scheduled.
Please notify me the next time this course is offered.