Current Issues in Vineyard Health
Guest instructors, chosen for their involvement in developing solutions to the problems associated with grape pests and diseases, provide the latest management information on current topics, including:
- Breeding grapevines for Pierce's Disease resistance
- Controlling grape fungal disease such as powdery mildew and Botrytis bunch rot diseases
- The grape growers' role in managing exotic pests and diseases
- Mealybugs and grapevine leafroll viruses
Lectures are provided by a talented group of speakers comprised of UC faculty, departmental experts and UC farm advisers who cover:
- The biology of mealybugs in California and their control
- The dangers of spreading mealybugs in pomace and prevention of the disease
- Damage reduction in the vineyards
This course is not currently scheduled.
Please notify me the next time this course is offered.