Financial Aspects of Planning
Gain an understanding of how planning decisions impact the economic feasibility of a proposed project for the developer and the public agency.
- Fiscal impact analysis: how it's done and why it's so important
- How local governments get their revenues
- Public financing: why it's needed and what alternatives are available
- Integrating fiscal and financial analysis into the planning process
- The developer’s perspective: How planning decisions affect the bottom line
- Striking a balance between the goals and objectives of public and private-sector participants
Approximately 20 hours of study and full attendance to all course meetings are required. A course assignment will be mailed four weeks before the course begins, which you are required to complete before the first day of class.
This course is not currently scheduled.
Please notify me the next time this course is offered.