Taxation and Accounting for the Small Vineyard
Understanding relevant tax and accounting issues is a vital step for successful start-up and ongoing vineyard operations. This course is tailored to help both the vineyard owner and entrepreneur.
- Formulating a business plan
- Choosing the form of doing business which directly affects permissible farm accounting methods
- Avoiding the problems of passive activity
- Qualifying as a farmer under the tax code
- Farm accounting, including depreciation and inventory cost capitalization rules
- Estate planning
Learn the principles of accounting for a vineyard operation from the initial start-up phase through the land clearing, planting, pre-production and production stages. Tax aspects and specific accounting techniques for the expenditures in each phase will be discussed in detail.
Enrollment is limited. Early enrollment is encouraged.
This course is not currently scheduled.
Please notify me the next time this course is offered.