Let UC Davis Extension's Collaboration Center help you enhance your knowledge about the latest technologies, methods and practices in facilitation, mediation and community engagement.
Services are available for government agencies, private sector organizations, non-profits and communities. Facilitation and mediation services include:
- Facilitating informed policy-making
- Mediation and dispute resolution
- Multicultural public engagement
Education and training services include:
- A Professional Concentration in Conflict Resolution
- Online and classroom courses in facilitation, mediation and community engagement
- Customized training for professionals
How to Work With Difficult People
Learn how to manage conflict with difficult people and move toward constructive problem-solving. Receive practical, positive approaches for dealing with conflict in your daily interactions with this interactive workshop.
Gain an understanding of the stages of mediation: case development, convening, setting an agenda, consensus building, issue-framing and prioritizing. Learn the communication skills required for successful mediation. Explore different mediation models and examine ethical considerations.