Subdivision Map Act: Part I
This is the first part of an intensive, two-part (two-day) course on the Subdivision Map Act, the law that governs the dividing of land into smaller ownership units in California. Learn key provisions of the Map Act, how it is applied in planning and development processes, recent legislative changes and new legal interpretations from court decisions and attorney general opinions.
Explore both local agency and subdivider viewpoints and discuss legal and practical solutions to the Map Act’s thorniest problems. The material covered by Map Act I includes:
- Map Act scope and purpose
- Relationship of the Map Act to planning, zoning and development laws, including CEQA
- When the Map Act does and does not apply
- New rules and guidance impacting the Map Act
- Certificates of Compliance and lot line adjustments
- Map Act exemptions and exceptions
- Procedures and actions applicable to maps
- The role of Vested Rights, including Vesting Maps, Development Agreements and Common Law Vesting
- Other problems and practice ideas under the Act
The 2013 edition of the instructor’s textbook, Map Act Navigator, is included in the enrollment fee.
Save $150 when enrolling in both Subdivision Map Act: Part I and Subdivision Map Act: Part II!
This course is not currently scheduled.
Please notify me the next time this course is offered.
Earn a Certificate
This course is part of these certificate programs: