Subdivision Map Act: Part II
This is the second part of an intensive, two-part (two-day) course on the California Subdivision Map Act, the law that governs the dividing of land into smaller ownership units in California. Gain an in-depth understanding of key provisions of the Map Act, including recent legislative changes and new legal interpretations from court decisions and attorney general opinions.
Explore both local agency and subdivider viewpoints and discuss legal and practical solutions to the Map Act’s most difficult problems. The material covered by Map Act II includes:
- Constitutional and statutory limitations on Conditions of Approval (exactions/dedications/fees)
- Grounds for approval and denial of maps
- Rules and procedures regarding final maps
- Mergers and alternatives to mergers
- Antiquated subdivisions (old maps) and troubled conveyances
- Enforcement, local appeals and judicial review
The 2013 edition of the instructor’s textbook, Map Act Navigator, is included in the enrollment fee. If you purchased the book in Part I, the course fee is $295.
This course is not currently scheduled.
Please notify me the next time this course is offered.
Earn a Certificate
This course is part of these certificate programs: