Air Quality Analysis
Learn how to meet the significant air quality challenges posed by increasing urbanization and development. Designed for planning and environmental protection professionals who deal with transportation analyses, this course presents the principles of air quality assessment and regulation for land use and transportation projects. Through lectures and case studies, build your knowledge of air quality basics including types of contaminants, their sources and their impacts on health and welfare.
Additional topics include:
- The federal, state, regional and local regulatory framework
- The governmental entities responsible for implementing air quality regulations and the nongovernmental entities that influence decisions
- Current and evolving project analysis tools and air quality modeling techniques
- Components of air quality assessment under CEQA and NEPA
- Emissions calculations, rule compliance and Best Available Control Technologies requirements
This course is not currently scheduled.
Please notify me the next time this course is offered.