Air Quality Analysis
Learn how to meet the significant air quality challenges posed
by increasing urbanization and development. Designed for planning and
environmental protection professionals who deal with transportation
analyses, this course presents the principles of air quality assessment
and regulation for land use and transportation projects. Through
lectures and case studies, build your knowledge of air quality basics
including types of contaminants, their sources and their impacts on
health and welfare.
Additional topics include:
- The federal, state, regional and local regulatory framework
- The governmental entities responsible for implementing air quality regulations and the nongovernmental entities that influence decisions
- Current and evolving project analysis tools and air quality modeling techniques
- Components of air quality assessment under CEQA and NEPA
- Emissions calculations, rule compliance and Best Available Control Technologies requirements
This course is not currently scheduled.
Please notify me the next time this course is offered.