By learning from experienced wine industry professionals, including winemakers, sommeliers, CEOs, retailers, distributors, brand managers, PR strategists and packaging experts, you'll gain real-world knowledge and data that can be applied immediately.
Program at a Glance
- Five-day program
- Enroll in complete program or single-day session
Who is This Program For?
- Winery Owners
- Sales and Marketing Professionals
- Tasting Room Managers
- Winery Operations Managers
From market research to sales, the OIV Wine Marketing Program is the only one that incorporates all the elements necessary for negotiating the U.S. wine market. Each session covers a specific topic:
- Day One: Industry Overview
- Day Two: The U.S. Wine Market
- Day Three: Launching A Brand
- Day Four: Distribution
- Day Five: The Retail Tier
What You’ll Get
- Flexible online learning that allows you to attend from anywhere in the world
- Opportunity to gain real-world knowledge and data that can be applied immediately
- Graduate-level content as part of the M.Sc. in wine management of the Organisation Internationale de la Vigne et du Vin (OIV), in coordination with the UC Davis Department of Viticulture and Enology
- A network of speakers and instructors who are wine industry leaders from organizations like Commerce7, Gordon Ramsey North America, RNDC, The Wine Group, Wine.com and Wine Institute
Real-World Instructors Put Theory into Practice
Christian Miller, MBA, directs the OIV Wine Marketing Program. He has worked in market research, brand and category management for more than two decades. He is the research director of the Wine Market Council and proprietor of Full Glass Research, which provides economic and market analysis and research for food and beverage producers and marketers. Clients range from small wineries and cheese producers to regional organizations and large multi-brand companies.
Theresa Sanchez, MBA, has launched million-dollar brands across the globe and optimized business operations for top performance. She is the chief marketing guru at Di Vine Selection, a passion project she started to help wine professionals launch new brands, broker top organic and regenerative winemakers and viticulture consultants, develop top wine speaker education programs and teach others about wine across the globe.
“One of the most important things I gained was the strength of my cohort. The people I was in class with were a phenomenal mix of up-and-coming and established wine professionals. I walked away from this program with a network that rivals my MBA program.”
– Perry Reyes, OIV Wine Marketing graduate
See What The OIV Program Is All About