Be a Force for Change in Your Organization
Business analysts identify and articulate the need for change in how organizations operate and help facilitate that transformation. They work across all levels of an organization, defining goals and requirements that will maximize benefits, lower costs and discover new opportunities. Whether you work in private industry, government or for a non-profit, UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education’s Business Analysis Certificate Program will teach you how to guide your organization through the process of change and ultimately improve the way it operates.
What You’ll Learn
UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education is an Endorsed Education Provider with the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)®, and a Registered Education Provider with the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. This program is designed for professionals in the private and public sectors who seek solutions for process improvement and organizational change. You’ll learn how to:
- Understand and apply the fundamental concepts and theory of business analysis
- Identify business opportunities and design solutions
- Optimize your project investments
- Develop strategies for gaining stakeholder approval
What You’ll Get
Our program offers:
- Online convenience with weekly, live webinars
- Access to exceptional instructors with years of industry experience
- Unique networking opportunities with instructors and fellow students
- Practical knowledge and current best practices that can be applied immediately to your business or job
- Career placement assistance through our IT talent management partner, TEKSystems
Save 15% on the cost of Business Analysis Certificate with our Fast Track option. Learn more. Note: enrollment in the Fast Track program is only available during the spring and fall quarters.
*Project Management Institute, PMI, Project Management Professional, PMP, Certified Associate in Project Management, CAPM, and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- $77,712 is the average salary for a business analyst (Glassdoor).
- Top five states for business analysis employment: California, Texas, New York, Illinois and Florida (EMSI)
- In California, more than 12,000 companies employ business analysts
- Top industries that employ business analysts in California include health care, financial services and IT (EMSI)
This program requires completion of 16 required units of designated online course work with a grade of “C” or better.
Course content is frequently revised to ensure that the program is up-to-date with the latest industry standards. For this reason, you must complete all of the course requirements of your certificate within five years from the day you enroll in the first course. A certificate will not be awarded if the requirements are not completed and your application for candidacy is not received within this timeframe.
For additional information about our enrollment policies, please click here.
Please note: Foundations of Business Analysis is the recommended prerequisite for all other courses in this program.
- At Your Own Pace: Take individual courses for a total cost of $4,400 (or $1,100 per course).
- A one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $125 must also be paid in order to receive your certificate.
- Fast Track: Pay $3,740 in full at the time of enrollment and save over $600 on the cost of the program. The $125 registration fee is also waived. Learn more.
- Textbooks are not included in the cost of tuition.
For information about financing your education, please click here.
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and your lifestyle:
- Register. Fill out a brief certificate registration form and pay the registration fee. By doing so, you declare your intent to complete the program, lock in current program requirements and a program advisor will be made available to you to help you map out your academic path.
- Fast Track. Enroll in our Business Analysis Fast Track Certificate Program (available during the spring and fall quarters) and we’ll waive your $125 registration fee and a program advisor will be made available to you to help you map out your academic path.
- Enroll in an individual course. Check out individual courses that are currently open for enrollment. Courses will be applied to the certificate program if you later decide to complete your certificate. (Pre-requisites may apply.) All program course work must be completed within a 5-year period.
- Sign up for an information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free information session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when the next one becomes available.
Questions? We’re here to help. If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8895.