Our transformative Professional Coaching for Life and Work Certificate Program prepares you to become certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF)--the only globally-recognized credential program for coaches. As one of the top 10 careers for the 2010s, coaching gives you the skills to make a visible, meaningful impact on the lives of others. Our program features:
- MCC- and PCC-Credentialed Coaches as Instructors--Engaged working professional will teach you to develop and maintain coaching relationships
- Exceptional Networking Opportunities--Interaction with faculty and a cohort of professional peers broadens and enriches the learning experience and career prospects
- Real-World, Classroom-Based, Hands-On Learning--Class work, case studies and an assignment as a student coach offer relevant, dynamic and relational learning opportunities
- ICF Accredited--Knowledge to apply for certification as a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) through the ICF
- High Standards of UC Davis--Rigorous and rewarding program will put you at the forefront of this expanding field
We offer this five-month program twice a year, February-July and August-December. The next session begins August 6, 2019.
Courses take place generally every other week, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and all day Saturday, in our Sacramento classrooms.
This Accredited Coach Training Program is considered an “all inclusive” pathway to ICF PCC certification. Program features include: 150 academic credit hours of coach specific training; and mentor coaches who provide feedback on your coaching skill development to support you through your educational journey. UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education will provide you with non-paying clients to jumpstart the coaching experience and performance evaluation process.
Join us for a free information session to meet with the Professional Coaching for Life and Work Certificate Program faculty and staff. Enroll today!
- Opportunities for coaches exist as private practitioners and as coaches embedded in professional organizations. Many companies offer coaching as an employee benefit and/or train their leaders in coaching practices, including companies like Google.
- Global awareness of the coaching profession is rising worldwide and was as high as 66% in the most recent ICF Consumer Awareness Study (2017)
This program is by application only and requires:
- five years of professional work experience in any field,
- an interest in working with people and helping others, and
- a mindset that supports success in the program, including an openness to learning through feedback and self-examination.
- Coaching Essentials
- Core Competencies
- Personal Foundation for Coaching
- Coaching Conversations
- Coach Mastery
Academic Credit and Certification
Students who complete the certificate program are awarded 150 quarter hours (15 units) of academic credit. In addition, they will have the training and mentor hours needed to apply for ACC or PCC certification through the ICF—a global leader and resource for professional coaching. For more information, visit coachfederation.org/.
Cost of the program is $8,325, which includes tuition, books, meals, course materials and on-site parking.
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and your lifestyle:
- Fill out an application for the summer session. When your application is submitted, you will be contacted by a program adviser who can answer any questions and give you information about admissions decision timelines and tuition payment.
- Sign up for an information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free information session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when the next one becomes available.
Questions? We’re here to help. If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8895.