The EPA estimates that 30 percent of all energy in industrial and commercial buildings is wasted or used inefficiently. In today's complex and volatile economic environment, energy resource management is a top concern for any business hoping to maintain its competitive edge. Pursuing sustainable energy management strategies can be a powerful tool for achieving energy efficiency, cost savings and risk reduction. And most importantly, those business and government leaders who understand the intricate issues surrounding energy management will help chart a course toward a sustainable future.
The UC Davis Extension Energy Resource Management Certificate Program is a completely online program designed specifically for those leaders—professional engineers, construction planners and designers, facility or plant managers, energy analysts, architects, agency managers and others who wish to expand their expertise in this critical area.
This certificate program addresses the entire range of issues involved in understanding and managing energy in any industry, from heavy to light energy users. The six courses of the program provide the information you need to distinguish yourself as an expert in the energy resource management field.
The curriculum of this program aligns with the Association of Energy Engineers requirements for CEM and BEP certifications. This program has also been recognized by the California Energy Commission.
About the program:
Gain practical knowledge that matters
- Explore the practical, sustainable application of contemporary energy resource management
- Learn best practices and discover techniques and resources to improve business competitiveness and ensure regulatory compliance
- Stay apprised of new and emerging developments, technologies and regulations
- Analyze supply-side sourcing and procurement portfolio strategies
- Examine energy security risk analysis methods
- Learn innovative methods for financing energy management projects
Designed for professionals like you
This program benefits those wanting to distinguish themselves as energy resource management experts and draws from a wide variety of disciplines, including engineering, construction planning and design, and facility-plant management and/or operations, such as:
- Energy engineers, analysts, managers and auditors
- Chief sustainability officers
- Demand-side management auditors and managers
- Construction planners and designers
- Agency and facility managers
Courses Approved By:
This program is an approved educational provider for the following organization:
How to Apply:
Courses may be taken individually or as part of the Energy Resource Management Certificate Program.
Participants will be awarded a certificate in Energy Resource Management upon the successful completion of the six-course (17 units) program, which focuses on the four key issues in energy management: supply, demand, regulatory and environmental.
Quarterly schedule of courses
|F=Fall W=Winter SP=Spring SU=Summer; Schedules subject to change. |
O = Online C = Classroom OC = Online and Classroom H = Hybrid
This program is an approved educational provider for the Association of Energy Engineers and receives technical support from the California Energy Commission.