The Esports Management Specialized Studies Program prepares students to turn a passion for gaming into a viable career. According to a market report by Newzoo, global esports revenues have reached $906 million in 2018, a year-on-year growth of +38%.
Traditional athletic apparel companies such as Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour are expected to compete for team jersey rights in the coming years and major telecom companies are acquiring gamer centric programming providers. Also, innovations in video streaming capabilities have arrived just in time for gaming platforms and titles to capitalize on the value of their media rights. As business opportunities flourish, the industry will create demand for professionals with the right mix of training, passion, and knowledge.
Who Should Enroll
Individuals aspiring to launch or already beginning their career in the business of esports. This program suits game developers, finance professionals, community managers, marketers, and project managers.
What You'll Learn
Our industry expert instructors will help you:
- Speak knowledgeably about the history, community, and business of esports with future employers and other stakeholders in the industry.
- Develop actionable suggestions to encourage growth or improvement in the esports industry.
- Develop effective communications geared towards fans and decision makers within the esports industry.
- Create social media content that entices esports fan interaction.
- Apply project management skills and tools to initiate, plan, execute, and close an esports live event.
According to a market report by Newzoo, global esports revenues have reached $906 million in 2018, a year-on-year growth of +38%.
To earn the specialized studies award, complete the three required courses for 9 units (90 hours) of instruction, with a letter grade of “C” or better, within five (5) years of enrolling in the first course. To receive your digital certificate, submit a Request for Certificate with a non-refundable $35 application fee after completing all program requirements. Students not pursuing a specialized studies award are welcome to take as many courses as they wish.
- Program cost: $1,850
- A one-time, nonrefundable registration fee of $35 must be paid before completing this specialized studies program
|Course Title||Online||Enroll||Start Date|
Course schedules are subject to change. Individual courses may be taken without enrolling in the full certificate.