A Career that Makes a Difference
Many people choose the fundraising and development field because it affords them the opportunity to impact society, while also earning a good living. But fundraising offers even more than that – it’s a growing field, with ever-expending career opportunities, from higher education, to healthcare, to non-profit organizations and more. Fundraisers spend their days working with diverse stakeholders and pairing the right opportunities with the right donors to make a substantive impact for their organization.
- The growth rate for fundraising and development jobs through 2026 is 15%, much faster than the national average of 9%. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- The average annual wage for fundraisers in CA is $67,830, the third highest in the nation. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Fundraising opportunities will increase in areas such as higher education, health research, social services, politics and nonprofit organizations. (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
This program requires the successful completion of four core courses. Course content is frequently revised to ensure that the program is up to date with the latest industry standards. For this reason, you must complete all of the course requirements of your certificate with a "C" or better and within five years from the day you enroll in the first course. A professional concentration will not be awarded if the requirements are not completed and your application for candidacy is not received within this timeframe.
- $3,580 ($3,043 for pre-pay option)
- Textbooks are not included in the tuition.
- For more information about financing your education, click here.
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and your lifestyle:
- Register. Fill out a brief registration form. By doing so, you declare your intent to complete the program, lock in program requirements, and program staff will be available to assist you with your course plan. Note: When you take advantage of our pre-pay discount, you can pay now for the entire professional concentration and save 15% (that's $537).
- Enroll in an individual course. Check out individual courses that are currently open for enrollment. Courses will be applied to the certificate program if you later decide to complete your certificate.
- Sign up for an information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free information session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when the next one becomes available.
Questions? We’re here to help. If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8895.