Program at a Glance
- Complete in as few as 9 months
- 5 online courses
Learn the Language of Choice for High-Demand Jobs in Data Science and Tech
Python is the most wanted new software skill by tech professionals, according to a 2020 StackOverflow Survey. An easy-to-use, open-source, versatile programming language, Python is widely used in data science and software engineering roles. Designed for beginning and intermediate programmers, the Python for Data Science, Web and Core Programming Professional Concentration provides a strong foundation and understanding in Python programming. Whether you're looking to enhance your career by further developing your Python skills or you're interested in a career in data science or computer programming, this online program will give you the hands-on experience and confidence you need to succeed.
What You'll Learn
You'll complete this program with advanced knowledge of Python programming concepts and its application into data science, including:
- Advanced Python language features for writing efficient programs
- Applications for data mining and data analytics
- Solving data-related problems and assessing and developing algorithms
- Coding using Python scripting, syntax tools and object-oriented coding theories
What You'll Get
Our program offers:
- UC-quality education with academic credit
- Online convenience with an engaging interactive format
- One-on-one interaction with veteran data scientists from a variety of industries
- Python skills that are in high demand across many industries, giving you flexibility in the job market
- Hands-on experience with practical application
Career outlook for software developers, applications:
- Annual Job Openings (2019): 945,469
- Projected Growth (2019-2029): 27.2%
- Median salary: $103,000 (Highly experienced workers can earn up to $161,000)
Source: Economic Modeling Specialist Intl.
This program requires the successful completion of five courses for a total of 9.5 academic units. Course content is frequently revised to ensure that the program is up to date with the latest industry standards. For this reason, you must complete all of the course requirements of your certificate with a "C" or better and within five years from the day you enroll in the first course. A certificate will not be awarded if the requirements are not completed and your application for candidacy is not received within this timeframe.
It is suggested, but not required, that you take courses in the following order: Introduction to Python Programming; Intermediate Python; Python for Data Analysis; Data Preparation, Modeling, and Visualization with Python; and Data Structures, Data Mining and Big Data with Python. Order can be flexible depending on your experience level, speak to a program representative if you have questions: email@example.com.
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and your lifestyle:
- Register. Fill out a brief program registration form. By doing so, you declare your intent to complete the program in 5 years or less, lock in program requirements and will be contacted by a program adviser who will work with you to map out your academic path.
- Fast Track. Enroll in our Python for Data Science, Web and Core Programming Fast Track Program to save 15% on the cost of the program.
- Enroll in an individual course. Check out individual courses that are currently open for enrollment. Courses will be applied to the program if you later decide to complete the professional concentration.
- Sign up an information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free info session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when then next one becomes available.
Questions? We’re here to help.
Contact our Enrollment Coach, Miriam Chavez, if you would like to schedule an appointment. She can speak with you about our program, answer your questions and help ensure it’s the right fit for your goals. Schedule your 30-minute conversation with Miriam.
If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8777.