Get the Practical Skills Employers Are Looking For
Our Web Development Certificate Program provides the foundational skills, experience and connections needed to succeed in today’s technology-driven workforce. The program is ideal for those wanting to enter the web development field or those in other professional positions looking to take on web development responsibilities at work.
What You’ll Learn
No prior experience with coding? No problem. You’ll start with the basics and then work your way into more advanced programming and website/app development as you go. Here’s a snapshot of what you’ll learn in the Web Development Certificate Program:
- Design and build dynamic, modern websites
- Advance your programming and coding skills with project-driven coursework
- Develop the communication, project management and organizational skills needed to succeed in collaborative tech environments
How You’ll Benefit
Designed in partnership with IT staffing firms and web development companies, the Web Development Certificate Program is tailored to meet the needs of today’s professional workforce. Benefits of this program include:
- Enjoy convenient online courses
- Create a portfolio of websites to showcase your knowledge and skills
- Get free job placement assistance with our partner, TEK Systems
- Gain career flexibility, as web development skills are in high demand across many industries
This certificate program has a Fast Track option. Note: Enrollment in the Fast Track is only available in fall and spring quarters.
- Salary range for website and web app developers: $100,250-$142,000 (2019 Jobs Report, Robert Half Technology)
- Job growth for web developers is expected to increase by 15% over the next 10 years in the U.S. and 21% in California (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- There are just over 5,000 web development jobs advertised in the U.S. each month, and almost 12,000 globally. (medium.com)
- Web developers rank high for job satisfaction based on above average upward mobility, below average stress level and high flexibility, according to US News.com
Program Requirements: This 15-unit program consists of the following five required courses. Course content is frequently revised to ensure that the program is up to date with the latest industry standards. For this reason, you must complete all of the course requirements of your certificate within five years from the day you enroll in the first course. A certificate will be awarded if the requirements are completed and your application for candidacy is received within this timeframe.
- Program cost: $4,125 (or $825 per course)
- Save nearly $750 when you enroll in the Fast Track option. You’ll get a 15% discount by paying for the full certificate program up front, and we waive the $125 certificate registration fee.
- See each course offering for other discount opportunities
- A one-time, non-refundable certificate fee of $125 must be paid before completing this certificate program (Fast Track enrollments excluded)
For information about financing your education, please click here
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and your lifestyle:
- Register for the certificate program. Fill out a brief certificate intent form and pay the registration fee. By doing so, you declare your intent to complete the program, lock in program requirements and will be contacted by a program adviser who will work with you to map out your academic path.
- Enroll in the Fast Track. Enroll in our Web Development Fast Track Certificate Program and we’ll waive your $125 registration fee. A program representative will contact you to discuss your academic path.
- Enroll in an individual course. Check out individual courses that are currently open for enrollment. Courses will be applied to the certificate program if you later decide to complete your certificate.
- Sign up for a free information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free online information session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when the next one because available.
Questions? We’re here to help. If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8895.