This course is a 1.5 CEU option for registered participants in the UC Davis Center for Integrated Computing and STEM 2 Day Workshop on Integrated Computing and STEM Education.
This course will focus on teaching the basics of computer programming in Ch through contextual problems and robotics activities that target specific standards-based mathematics objectives. Through this course, STEM educators will be exposed to cutting-edge robotics and computing technology to engage students in critical thinking and other 21st-century skills through collaborative activities. Teachers reinforce logical reasoning and critical thinking skills through computing activities, in which students declare variables, use math expressions and operators, write functions, and visualize, process, save and plot hypothetical data.
- Integrating Computing & Robotics into Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Integrated Math I & Career Technical Education
- Providing Computing Education Utilizing Computer Programming in C/C++ Interpreter Ch and the Barobo Linkbot
- Order of Arithmetic Operations and Fundamental Properties of Numbers: Inquiry Activities through Computing
- Variables and their Applications
- Computing Input and Output
- Math Expressions and Operators and their Applications in Computing
- Plotting Expressions / Equations in ChIDE
- Working Principles of Modular Robot Linkbot
- Control and Programming a Modular Robot Linkbot in Ch
- Control and Programming of Multiple Linkbots
- Applications of Linkbots in Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Physics, Engineering
- Graphing and Solving Linear Equations using Computing in ChIDE and Robotics
- Understanding Functions in Computing
- Graphing and Solving Systems of Linear Equations using Computing in ChIDE and Robotics
- Implementing New Teaching Strategies and Opportunities for Personalized and Collaborative Learning through Hands-On Activities
- Aligning Teaching Materials with the Common Core using Computer Programming.
For registration and additional information visit: http://c-stem.ucdavis.edu/