This course is a 3 CEU option for registered participants in the institute of the Area 3 Writing Project. Join secondary teachers from all content areas in the practice of incorporating CCSS writing within any subject matter. This week-long workshop is designed to address the needs of core subject and elective teachers who want to bolster and/or create new writing assignments within their curricula by aligning it with the CCSS.
- Writing arguments and informational text
- Modifying assignments to align with CCSS writing standards
- Writing assessments and rubrics and how to manage your grading of writing
- Giving presentations on informational text supported by evidence,
- Strategies to incorporate what you have learned in your classroom.
To enroll in the institute visit: http://education.ucdavis.edu/area-3-writing-project