This course is a 1.5 CEU option for registered participants of the Area 3 Writing Project institute. This workshop is designed to help 6-10th grade teachers and instructional coaches focus on instruction that is responsive to students’ interests and learning needs. Engagement is the goal. When students are engaged in learning, they enhance their understanding, acquire knowledge, become better, more proficient writers, and learn from and remember what they read. In this workshop, participants will:
- Identify and implement the most effective, cutting-edge, research-based instructional strategies to increase reading and writing achievement
- Discover simple changes to a teacher’s everyday procedures that foster student comprehension
- Develop a successful model to begin the school year, focusing on a growth mindset, that will inspire students to take ownership of their own learning
- Learn how to tap into the power of academic interaction within the content of the curriculum
- Learn how to optimize each student’s opportunity to learn
- Incorporate cutting-edge and timesaving technology tools
Visit http://writing.ucdavis.edu/programs-services/area-3-writing-project for additional details and institute registration.