A brewery can be an inherently risky place to work. Beyond the on-site risks of injury or accidents, numerous other risks outside the brewing facility can have an equal or greater impact on the operation.
Everyone starts the day with the expectation of going home healthy and unharmed, even if a bit tired from the day’s efforts. Creating a healthy and safe work environment is what this program is about. Whether you’re a nano taproom or regional production brewery, health and safety is a critical element of a successful brewery.
In this course, participants will examine various health and safety topics from regulations and best practices for how to create and maintain a safe working environment. Topics include:
- Safety program design and implementation
- Building a culture and attitude of safety, both on and off the job
- Partners and resources to assist your efforts
- Compliance requirements – what you need to know, do and prepare for
- Regulators and their objectives (ADA, OHSA, Cal-OHSA, FDA – FSMA, EPA)
- Risk assessment and mitigation plans
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Create a structured safety program to fit your organization and a road map for implementation
- Understand process/SOP documentation and reporting requirements
- Understand what information needs to be collected and tracked to comply with regulations and guidelines
- Self-assess potential safety issues for equipment, work environment and conditions, and understand steps or methods for mitigation
- Develop a “risk assessment” chart and ranking criteria
This course is designed for brewery founders, owners and managers, as well as individuals responsible for brewery safety, compliance and reporting.