This innovative professional learning day will include the experiential exploration of arts integration strategies in drama, music, visual art, poetry, storytelling and movement. Teachers will learn flexible strategies for use in their own grade level curriculum to create greater access to learning for diverse students and abilities. Administrators will learn strategies for how to build leadership in support of the arts within the curriculum.
These strategies and processes can be easily translated back in your school district. Learn from arts leaders about the explicit ways that visual and performing arts can deepen learning in the English Language Arts. Find out more about CCSESA's Creativity at the Core, a new suit of online resources aligned to California State Standards that you can use. Be inspired by creative leadership that will open doors to innovation in the classroom. Don't miss this amazing opportunity that will provoke and stimulate investigation of curricular content through artistic and cultural expression.
- Experience many exciting ways to expand and strengthen arts learning in the classroom aligned to Common Core State Standards and other current standards
- Learn new practices to open doors for creativity and innovation in the classroom to promote 21st century achievement
- Gain greater understanding of how learning to integrate the arts across the content areas, with a specific focus on the Visual and Performing Arts and English Language Arts
- Hear from the California Department of Education on recommended strategies to connect Arts and Common Core State Standards
- Gain resources to integrate arts across the curriculum including the recent book Strategies to Integrate the Arts in Language by Jennifer Bogard and presenter/author, Lisa Donovan