This course will allow students to effectively implement a performance management system in support of the strategic goals of the organization. Students will review alternative approaches to performance management, and learn best practices for conducting and delivering effective performance feedback. This course will emphasize the critical role of effective communication.
Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge in giving constructive feedback regarding performance, prepare performance criteria, coach managers on developing a meaningful review and recommend different techniques to coach employees and managers in areas to improve overall performance.
- Assess situations and deliver compelling communications on issues relating to performance management.
- Conduct an effective performance appraisal.
- Develop coaching skills to support leaders making the performance appraisal process a ‘win-win’ experience.
- Support managers dealing with performance issues and apprise management on issues that have operational implications.
- Develop and influence others regarding recommendations for improvement and ability to conduct performance discussions.