Electricity is such a familiar part of our lives that it isn't always given the respect and caution it deserves. Learn how electricity can become a hazard and the most common causes of electrical injuries, including:
- Contact with power lines
- Lack of ground-fault protection
- Path to ground missing or discontinuous
- Equipment not used in the manner prescribed
- Improper use of extension and flexible cords
- Failure to lockout electrical circuits
Gain insight into OSHA regulations, lockout/tagout of machinery and equipment, and industry best practices that go beyond OSHA requirements. This course is an elective in the Workplace Health and Safety Certificate Program.