This course is a 3.0 CEU option for registered participants in UC Davis Math Project Leadership Institute: Supporting Mathematics Instruction.
Examine how teacher-leaders can help make "math success for all" a reality in classrooms, schools and throughout districts. The emphasis of this institute will be to support these learners in implementing the mathematics teaching practices within their schools/districts as they work to promote the effective teaching and learning of mathematics.
Participants will work individually and in small groups to:
- Discuss the various roles of a teacher-leader in mathematics and explore effective strategies and resources for these roles
- Develop skills to cultivate and facilitate meaningful discourse among teachers and administrators to build shared knowledge and understanding of mathematical ideas
- Explore research, including a variety of research-based strategies, focused on increasing the mathematics achievement of all students
- Examine the role that beliefs play in the teaching and learning of mathematics, and discuss strategies for changing unproductive beliefs
- Plan and develop presentations and group discussions that teacher-leaders can use for their work with teachers
For additional details, registration, and inquires please visit http://mathproject.ucdavis.edu/.