Thresholds of Significance in Environmental Planning
Determining the significance of environmental impacts under
CEQA is one of the most difficult and important decisions agencies must
make, yet many agencies have not developed a consistent approach to
judging significance and agonize over this issue on a
project-by-project basis. Thresholds of significance are a proven
method of streamlining the CEQA process. Learn about significance
thresholds, the process for developing them and success stories.
- Why the concept of "significance" is under CEQA
- The definition of environmental thresholds
- Advantages and disadvantages of developing thresholds
- Criteria for determining significance
- Reliance on other agencies' regulatory standards
- Adopted thresholds
- Legal problems
- Discussing thresholds for greenhouse gases
- Developing thresholds for any impact discipline
- The relationship between thresholds, planning policies and standards
This course is not currently scheduled.
Please notify me the next time this course is offered.
Earn a Certificate
This course is part of these certificate programs: