Complete the portion of the OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.120 (T8 CCR 5192 in California) specifying training requirements for hazardous waste workers (HAZWOPER). Designed for workers involved in investigation and clean-up of hazardous waste sites, this course covers:
- Hazard awareness, hazardous waste regulations and exposure
- Medical monitoring, health and safety planning
- Respiratory protection, personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Monitoring and sampling equipment
- Site characterization and control, decontamination, health and safety laws and rights
- Emergency response
This course also includes interactive exercises and use of level B PPE during field exercises. Because of the physical stress of the exercises, it is important that you have had a recent medical exam (within one year) with clearance for respirator use.