COVID-19 Information — CPE Fall Class Update
- Vaccinated or not, face coverings are required inside
- Complete the Daily Symptom Survey before entering class
- Be prepared to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test
In accordance with UC Davis’ plans to re-open campus, UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education is excited to offer some in-person classes this fall. Based on feedback from students, who appreciate the accessibility and quality of their online learning experience, the majority of our classes will remain online for fall quarter.
The following classes (subject to change) are currently planned for in-person instruction this fall quarter:
- Accounting and Finance for the Vineyard and Winery
- Current Issues in Vineyard Health
- Introduction to Practical Brewing
To ensure the safety of our students, staff and instructors, in-person classes will adhere to the following requirements:
- Stay home if you’re sick — all individuals, regardless of vaccination status, may not enter or remain on university property if they have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days or if they have symptoms of COVID-19 (not related to a chronic condition).
- All people, regardless of vaccination status, must complete a Daily Symptom Survey to access a UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education in-person class (please use “Visitor” version of survey unless you have credentials to access the “Student and Employee” version).
- All individuals must provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-test in the last 72 hours as a condition of entry into the classroom. This will be verified by our staff before you are allowed to enter the classroom (so please have your “Approved” Daily Symptom Survey result and vaccine confirmation or test results ready, either printed or on your phone).
- Everyone (including instructors), regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear a face covering indoors. We are actively pursuing a variety of solutions to help ensure that instructors can be heard through their face covering, and, to the extent possible, accommodate students who need to see an instructor’s or interpreter’s mouth.
- Eating will not be permitted in class. Briefly removing a face covering to take a drink is permitted.
- Unvaccinated individuals are also required to wear a face covering outdoors when in crowded places.
Please check this page regularly for the latest updates.
Depending on student demand and guidance from public health authorities, we are optimistic that we will offer additional in-person classes in future quarters.