Designed for aspiring and current supervisors, the Supervisory Skills Program helps students improve their individual and team productivity through effective prioritization, problem-solving and employee-engagement techniques. Participants will gain the skills to navigate the challenges of rapidly evolving organizations and contribute to a culture of diversity and inclusion. By the end of this course, students will be able to apply varied approaches to communicate and organize work on virtual and in-person teams; demonstrate effective problem-solving using design-thinking methods; and promote trust and collaboration through coaching techniques.
- Evaluate supervisory challenges in evolving work situations.
- Apply time-management strategies to achieve high-value outcomes with less stress.
- Solve complex problems using design-thinking methods.
- Apply effective coaching, mentoring, and facilitation practices to promote professional growth.
- Demonstrate effective communication methods to navigate workforce disruptions and change.
- Form a personal action plan as a foundation for leadership development.
Skills You Will Gain
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Design thinking
- Supervising virtual and in-person teams
- Navigating change and ambiguity
- Team development