Expand Your Portfolio of Marketable Skills
Successful web designers know how to write their own code, use visual authoring software and create dynamic web graphics–skills in high demand in today’s web-centric business world. The Website Design Professional Concentration focuses on the essential knowledge and skills needed to build functional, attractive websites. This program is ideal for anyone who designs—or wants to design—websites for professional or personal use. Graphic designers, marketing specialists and other business professionals who want to add website design and development to their arsenal of marketable skills will also benefit from this program.
What You’ll Learn
- Design and build dynamic, modern websites that incorporate best practices in user interaction/user experience
- Advance your programming and coding skills with project-driven coursework
- Develop the communication, project management and organizational skills needed to succeed in collaborative tech environments
How You’ll Benefit
- Enjoy convenient online courses
- Create a portfolio of websites to showcase your knowledge and skills to employers
- Refresh or fill any gaps in your previous training and stay current on developments in the field
- Prepare yourself for expanded career opportunities as a result of developing high-demand web skills
- Salary range for web designers: $88,250-$126,500 (2019 Jobs Report, Robert Half Technology)
- 88% of web developers are satisfied or highly satisfied with their careers, listing work-life balance, job flexibility and salary as the top reasons for their satisfaction (medium.com)
- Variety of work: Finance, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, education, transportation and government are a sampling of the many industries seeking web professionals
Program Requirements: This 12-unit program consists of the following four required courses. Course content is frequently revised to ensure that the program is up to date with the latest industry standards. For this reason, you must complete all of the course requirements of this program within five years from the day you enroll in the first course.
- Program cost: $3,300 (or $825 per course)
- See each course offering for other discount opportunities
For information about financing your education, please click here
Ready to advance your career? Pick the option that best suits your needs and your lifestyle:
- Register for the program. Fill out a brief program intent form. By doing so, you declare your intent to complete the program, lock in program requirements and will be contacted by a program adviser who will work with you to map out your academic path.
- Enroll in an individual course. Check out individual courses that are currently open for enrollment. Courses will be applied to the certificate program if you later decide to complete your certificate.
- Sign up for an information session. Learn more about the program by enrolling in a free online information session. If an information session for this program is not currently open for enrollment, click on “notify me,” and we’ll contact you when the next one because available.
Questions? We’re here to help. If you’ve got a question, email us or call (530) 757-8895.